Standard coconut milk is made by blending coconut with water and straining it, but that’s far from being low-fat, as all the coconut oil ends up in the water. However, we’ve found a simple way to obtain a liquid that has the same flavour as standard coconut milk, but no fat whatsoever. If you want to know how to make a virtually fat-free coconut milk, you simply have to watch our video.
- Place the water and the coconut into a container, mix the ingredients, and let them rest for one hour at room temperature.
- Once the time has elapsed, place the ingredients into the blender’s jug and blend at high speed for roughly 45 seconds.
- Strain the liquid through a fine sieve to remove the solids.
- Cover the container with cling film and store it in the fridge overnight. During this time the fat will become hard and easy to remove from the milk.
- Once the fat has been removed, the milk is ready to be used.
Preparation Time: 70m
Storage Times: Keeps for 4 days in the fridge.