Here you have yet another of our refreshing summery dishes. The reality is that we live in Scotland, so we don’t really know what scorching days look like. However, we used to live in Italy, and down there the temperature can get crazy-high during the summer. Well, the good news is that you don’t really have to eat boring foods during the hot days simply because you don’t want to turn on the stove; you can simply turn on the stove once and make a huge portion of this summery salad (or of our panzanella), keep it in the fridge and enjoy it whenever you want.
- The first thing to do is to cook the rice as instructed on the packet and cool it down completely.
- Chop the peppers, the red onions, the pickled cucumbers, the pickled onions, the olives and the sun-dried tomatoes, into pea-sized pieces, so that you’ll get a bit of everything with every spoonful.
- Cook the peas in boiling water for roughly 3 minutes.
- To put together the salad, place the cooked rice into a large bowl, add in the rest of the chopped ingredients and stir well to properly combine all the elements into the final dish.
- Make sure to taste the salad and adjust salt if necessary.
- Leave the final salad in the fridge for a couple of hours before eating it.
Preparation Time: 15m
Cooking Time: 40m
Total Time: 55m
Storage Times: Keeps for 2 days in the fridge