If you were looking for a recipe to take peas to the next level, you’ve literally found it! This recipe is uncomplicated, fast to prepare and yet it delivers a lot of flavour. Despite many people thinking that umami is a taste strictly correlated to animal foods, we beg to differ, as there are many plant-based ingredients capable of adding a lot of umami to your daily eating, peas being one of them.
- Slice and dice the pepper and the onion into pea-sized pieces.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Place a saucepan over a medium heat and pour in a touch of water. Keep more water on standby, as it will be needed during the following steps.
- Add the onions to the saucepan, stir and cook them until slightly translucent. Add the pepper to the other ingredients, stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Feel free to add more water into the pan, whenever you feel it is needed.
- Add in the peas and cook for one minute before adding the soy sauce.
- Cook the ingredients together for about four minutes, stir in the parsley, adjust the salt if necessary and serve.
Preparation Time: 5m
Cooking Time: 10m
Total Time: 15m